Translate

Sunday, October 23, 2016

#3 ESL Pod.Com

This week teacher introduced a listening training site, ESL Podcast, for us. In addition to listening to the 1241”Breaking an Arm or a Leg” in the classroom, the other part of the choice I chose 1136” Missing a Deadline”. This site is very slow pace of reading the article, I think it is suitable for beginners to use, but occasionally there are exceptions.

In my case, if this article is full of words I am not familiar with, not only hear difficult, also easier to give up directly. The first time in the classroom to listen, I was almost in the venting state, as if all the sounds are not listen to the ears, which makes me feel very troubled and weak. Later, to seek the teacher’s help, she suggested that I do not understand the word check dictionary, understand the meaning, and then try again.

I think the teacher's advice a little bit of help, but I am still dislike use of this site. My listening is not good, so I am very hard to find ways to improve, but I found not only listening problems, but also my vocabulary is too less. So when I listen to a dialogue, I do not understand.

In this study, I was more aware of my current need to improve the most probably is not listening to the training or increase vocabulary. It is myself psychological barriers, the instinctive nasty became not motivated learning.

What should I do...?

1 comment:

  1. Yvonne, very very good reflection here. I'm so glad you wrote this long post. I know, sometimes, we need to struggle to understand. Here are my advice:
    1. Look up the difficult words in the dictionary first.
    2. Read the scrip, make sure you understand the conversation.
    3. Listen to the explanation at least 2-3 times.

    Even you can only catch some vocabulary at the beginning. It's o.k. Don't give up. Make it as your daily routine. 20 minutes per day. You'll see the improvements. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete